Doctors Without Borders will be coming to San Antonio this fall, and we will need your help! We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly, and reliable volunteers to help us staff the Forced From Home exhibition. Please fill out the Forced From Home volunteer sign up form and we will be in touch with the next steps. We look forward to seeing you on site!
Exhibition Volunteers will assist in a variety of roles on-site, including visitor registration, crowd management, virtual reality administration, and logistics support.
There are two volunteer shifts on exhibition days:
Weekdays (Monday - Friday)
- Morning shift: 8:30am - 2:15pm
- Afternoon shift: 3:30pm - 9:15pm
Weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- Morning shift: 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Afternoon shift: 2:00pm - 7:30pm
There is no required minimum number of volunteer shifts which volunteers must commit to. Special skillsets are NOT required for any of the volunteer positions, however, those volunteering on the days before the exhibition dates for a “Load-In” volunteer shift must be comfortable lifting 30 pounds.
All volunteers must be 18 years of age on the day that they volunteer. There is no upper age limit to participate, however volunteers should be comfortable being on their feet, potentially in inclement weather while on site.
Volunteering in five easy steps:
- Complete the volunteer sign up form.
- Read the volunteering terms and conditions, and submit a background check. Upon completing Step 1, you will receive the terms and conditions and a link to complete a background check. (Note: Doctors Without Borders is required to conduct a background check of all individuals who volunteer at Forced From Home.)
- Sign up for your desired volunteer shifts.
- Attend the optional volunteer orientation on site. Volunteer orientations will take place on the Saturday before the exhibition opens in each city.
- See you for your volunteer shift!
Doctors Without Borders recognizes the significant value that volunteers contribute to Forced From Home. As a thank you to our volunteers, we will offer a Forced From Home t-shirt to all of our volunteers and for those who volunteer for multiple shifts, we will offer a Forced From Home tote bag. All rewards will be distributed at the exhibition site only.